Dawn Heiman, Au.D.
Current Position: Owner / Private Practice Audiologist at Advanced Audiology Consultants, LLC
- Doctor of Audiology (AuD), George Osborne College of Audiology, Salus University (2006)
- Master of Science (MS), Audiology, Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania (1999)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA), Communication Science & Disorders, University of Pittsburgh (1997)
- Visionary of EntreAudiology, LLC: EntreAudiology Masterminds, The Hearing Wellness Journey online aural rehab program, as well as the Hearing Aide Certification for Nurses & Caregivers online course to help them aide our patients with hearing loss (2019-Present)
- Owner & Private Practice Audiologist: Advanced Audiology Consultants, Oak Brook & Woodridge, IL (2011-Present)
- Manager & Pediatric Audiologist: Department of Audiology, Adventist Hinsdale Hospital, Hinsdale, IL (2007-2011)
- Owner & Private Practice Audiologist: Aberdeen Audiology, Wayne, PA (2005-2007)
- Pediatric, Senior Audiologist: Department of Audiology, Temple University Children’s Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA (2000-2005)
- CFY Audiologist: New Jersey Speech & Hearing Center, Cherry Hill, NJ (1999-2000)
I am honored to have been nominated to run for Director-at-Large of the Academy of Doctors of Audiology. As a working mom of three children, practice owner, and fellow audiologist who always feels compelled to share every new thing I recently learned, I never felt as though I could commit to volunteering roles, and therefore shied away from them. However, as my children are growing and becoming more independent, I feel as though I can now help contribute more to my professional community.
As we know, our world is in a lot of turmoil, uncertainty, and change, and I do my best work under stress and in conditions such as these. I can be a good listener as well as a positive role model for other audiologists as we help guide our association through these tough times. I was privileged to be able to lobby on Capitol Hill with my fellow audiology colleagues last fall in Washington, DC. I would like to encourage more audiologists to lobby to their local and national representatives to help increase hearing loss, balance, and tinnitus awareness as well as to help bring legislation, such as MAASA, to reality. If elected, I look forward to serving you and helping bring positive changes as they are needed. Thank you.