Is ADA right for you? The answer is yes if:
- You want to belong to a professional organization that provides valuable practice management resources you can use in your business, right now, today.
- You want to have access to expert reimbursement consulting advice so that you can follow best practices for coding, billing and collections and maximize your profit margin.
- You want to help advance advocacy efforts that will ensure patient access to audiologic healthcare and professional parity for audiologists with other doctoring professionals.
- You want to be informed of any changes in Medicare and HIPAA so that your practice stays compliant with laws and regulations.
- You want to stay current on professional ethics issues.
- You want to attend conferences that feature speakers and topics relevant to current trends and best practices in audiology, while learning about new products and innovations in the industry.
- You want to belong to an organization that supports students by providing mentoring opportunities, scholarships and reduced fees for attending conventions.
- You want to network with other practice managers and audiology professionals to share ideas and exchange information on the ADAConnect ListServ, any time, any day.
- You want to receive Audiology Practices, ADA's cutting-edge quarterly publication, featuring articles that reflect current trends in Audiology, with submissions by the profession’s leading experts.
- You want to be part of an organization that will advocate for your profession and keep you informed when legislative action is needed.
- You want to be a member of an organization that has played a primary leadership role in shaping the audiology profession’s autonomy and identity as a doctoring profession.
Welcome to the Academy of Doctors of Audiology (ADA), the only national membership association focused on ownership of the audiology profession through autonomous practice and practitioner excellence as its primary purposes. ADA is the premier network and resource for audiologists interested in private practice.
The Academy of Doctors of Audiology estimates that the non-deductible portion of your 2020 ADA dues – the portion that is allocable to lobbying – is 50.0%.
ADA strives to provide members with the knowledge, skills and resources necessary to achieve an ownership position in professional practices. ADA members have continuing access to the information, education insights and relationships that reflect and support best clinical and business practices.
Benefits of Membership
ADA is a member-driven organization, managed from the ground-up, thanks to the dedication of its 1,400+ members. We take pride in serving you transparently! ADA and its leaders are dedicated to your personal growth and professional success - and to ensuring that you get an exceptional return on your membership investment.
ADA Offers the Following Member Services:
- Staying Connected: ADA offers a variety of communication networking opportunities for busy professionals to stay connected and current on issues affecting their profession and their practice.
- Audiology Practices: The official quarterly magazine of the Academy of Doctors of Audiology, providing timely information and thought-provoking articles about issues relevant to Doctors of Audiology. Your ADA membership includes online access to the Audiology Practices archive.
- ADAlerts/LegislativeAlerts: Electronically delivered newsletters which inform members of pressing legislative action and other time-sensitive issues.
- ADAConnect, A Member-only Listserv: Stay in touch with colleagues, post questions and exchange information. The ADAConnect offers direct communication and collaboration to stay connected with fellow professionals.
- ADA AuDition: Announce employment and externship opportunities/wanted and practices and equipment for sale/wanted. ADA AuDition is free for members ($500 fee for non-members) and may be viewed by all visitors of the ADA website
- Political Action Committee (PAC): ADA is actively campaigning Congress on your behalf, to ensure that audiologists are a recognized entry point to hearing and balance healthcare and to ensure that patients have their choice of qualified provider for audiologic services. Join your colleagues and find out how you can make a difference.
Professional Liability and Business Office Insurance
Whether you aim to buy insurance for the first time, switch from another carrier, or supplement your employer’s coverage, insurance is available to protect you in a broad range of settings in which audiologists practice.
If you are looking for opportunities to learn and network with other audiologists, thought leaders and innovators, then the ADA Convention is a necessity! Stay current in this rapidly changing profession through ADA’s unrivalled business and clinical courses, designed to be put into practice, in your practice, immediately. ADA is proud to be leading the way, pushing the limits and encouraging audiologists to stay ahead of trends in this rapidly changing profession. ADA Members save $100 on registration towards AuDacity.
Additional Benefits for Student Members
Reduced Conference Fees for Students: Promoting networking, professional collaboration, and discussions with exhibitors and innovators, ADA annual conventions are information-packed, motivating and enjoyable. ADA encourages all students to attend the ADA Convention by offering reduced conference fees for full-time students.
Already a member and need to renew/update your membership? First make sure you're logged in to the website, and then click the button below.